Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Looks can be deceiving. London pub food.

During our recent trip to London, we definitely wanted to give a classic London pub a try.  You'll have to forgive me because I neglected to take pictures at some of our stops on this trip.  However, I'll do my best to include the ones I do have including the one from this pub off Carnaby Street.  

My husband and I both ordered the same meal here.  We started off with a sausage sampler that I don't have pictures of, but that plate definitely got our hopes up for a good experience.  The beef was another story.  All I can say is that this beef was more "fishy" than the fish that I had at Rock and Sole Plaice.  I am not sure what was wrong with it, but I couldn't take more than two bites.  I thought it was just me, but my husband was afraid to say his was fishy because he knew I wouldn't eat it at all if he did.  He claims that frozen beef that's defrosted can have that taste, but I'm not convinced.  The best thing on this plate were the potatoes.  You would have thought they were fried, but we later learned that the Brits have a special way of cooking these potatoes.  We've yet to attempt them at home, but as soon as we do, I promise to have pictures.  




Looks appealing, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Those circular things look like pecan pinwheels (of the Little Debbie variety) with the middles taken out. The peas look edible, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were supposed to be Yorkshire Puddings! We were pretty sure that they were from the freezer section.

    ReplyDelete