Sunday, October 3, 2010

Central by Michel Richard

It seems like it was just a few years ago, but I can't believe it has been ten years since I lived in D.C.  It is still one of my favorite cities with so much to do and see.  If you have a family, I cannot recommend it enough for a great family vacation because except for your food and hotel, so many of the museums are free including the ever popular Air & Space Museum as well as the National Zoo.  Sometimes I long to be back, but I know that likely won't happen in the near future.  So, visits it will be and hopefully visits that aren't so far apart as they have been in the past few years because two of my dearest friends are still there and there are so many great new restaurants, shops, etc... that I'm eager to try.
First up, Central by Michel Richard.  This restaurant won the James Beard Award for Best New Restaurant a few years back and I can clearly see why.  Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures at the time, but I have a few to share including two of the most incredible fried chicken I've ever had in my life!  Look at that crispness!  It was a perfect balance to the moist and tender chicken inside.  My husband wasn't with me on this trip, so, I think a trip to D.C. is in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment