Sunday, February 12, 2012

Club 33 - Disneyland

Club 33 Entryway and elevator 


Club 33 Lunch Menu



Club 33 Dining Room

Dessert Buffet 
Desserts

A sampling of the salad and seafood offerings.

Club 33 Chateaubriand 

Fish of the Day

The view from the Club 33 Balcony

View from Club 33 Balcony
I thought perhaps we could take a break from Australia and I could share our experience at Club 33 at Disneyland the day we flew out to Australia.  We flew to LA the day before our flight to Oz, so, we wouldn't have to worry about any delays or problems getting to LA.  Of all the things to do in LA, I had to pick Disneyland.  My poor husband has only been to LA twice each for a day and each time we've done Disney.  Whoops!

For this trip, I thought spending the day in Disneyland was going to be essential to make sure I was able to sleep some on the long haul flight.  It worked like a charm! The one thing we did do though is book a hotel for two nights instead of one, so, we could shower and get refreshed before heading over to the airport late in the evening.

This was our second trip to Disneyland together and our second trip to Club 33.  The first time we tried dinner, but our schedule this time demanded a lunch reservation.  We had heard good things about the lunch and my husband who wasn't too impressed by our dinner the first time around really enjoyed the lunch.  There is a buffet of salads and chilled seafood to start and a buffet of desserts to cap off the meal.  The entrees are served to the table when you are ready to give up on the salad and seafood buffet.  My chateaubriand was wonderful.  This is the same dish I had for dinner a few years back and this time it was much better!  His fish was delightful as well.  The desserts were delicious.  The one thing I wish is that there were little signs in front of each dessert to let you know what they were exactly.  I felt kind of greedy trying so many, but it was often hard to tell what was hidden inside each little treasure.

The atmosphere at lunch is quite a bit more laid back than at dinner which was nice as well.  They still enforced the dress code especially the restriction on sandals for men and women.  We saw two women sent to go buy other shoes.  At lunch, the dining room is just brighter and seems more pleasant than in the evening.  If we get the chance to go back, we'll choose lunch over dinner.  Also, lunch is a fixed price meal.  There are no prices on the menu, but it was very reasonable for the experience especially considering a park hopper pass was included for the day.

Perhaps I will dig up some pictures from our first visit if I can find them.  I actually took a picture of the ladies restroom on that visit because it is rather unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment