Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Rocks Sydney



Pancakes on the Rocks


The Rocks Friday Market










The Rocks area of Sydney really does have quite a bit of charm.  We didn't get to explore too much of it, but we did get to the food market that they have on Fridays.  I wish we would have been able to explore their Saturday market, but we had to get to the airport.

We did have breakfast one morning at Pancakes on the Rocks.  The food was decent, but the service awful.  Also, do not use google maps to find the spot!  I can't tell you how far out of the way we went when in fact it wasn't too far from the Shangri-La where we were staying.  So, I guess you could say we did explore quite a bit of the Rocks, but unintentionally and early in the morning when no one else was around.

One night we had dinner at Fish at the Rocks.  It was lovely.  We ate in the small front room and it was cozy, romantic and my husband loved his food.  Mine was so-so.  However, I stepped out of my box a bit to try some things I normally wouldn't choose, so, I was pretty pleased with myself.   I wish that we had a restaurant like this in our town.  It would be our spot.  I really felt like I was transported to somewhere really far, far away and in retrospect, it was so far, far away.  I may do a separate post featuring some more about the food from this restaurant if I can find the pictures.  However, if you are in Sydney, this place is definitely worth a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment